Get a 10 % discount on an order above $ 100!
Assessment task 3 Discussion
Assessment task 3 Discussion
|Task Description||The purpose of this assessment is to discuss and analyze your leadership
development based on the Kouzes and Posner (2017) model. This model includes five (5) Practices of exemplary leadership (modelling the way, inspiring a shared vision, challenging the process, enabling others to act and encouraging the
heart). Each Practice is supported by two (2) Commitments.
This assessment has two (2) parts which includes creating a visual presentation
(Part A) and written assignment (Part B).
Part A: Create and present a visual representation of your future leadership development. The visual representation is a creative analysis of your how the five Kouzes and Posner practices relate to your own leadership skills and can be
used to plan your own leadership development. The visual representation can be presented in variety of ways and you may choose any presentation format with the exception of PowerPoint (or other similar programs) as these are not acceptable. It is an expectation that all participants bring the Visual Representation to workshop 4.
Part B: Briefly describe an example of leadership from your own experience (it is best to provide a personal example).
Analyse your example using each of the five (5) exemplary leadership Practices and ten (10) Commitments.
Use Kouzes and Posner (2017) and other literature to support your discussion
and illustrate an understanding of the role and nature of effective leadership in health.
Discuss how the five (5) exemplary leadership Practices and ten (10) Commitments could be used to contribute to the development of your own leadership abilities, including specific strategies.
Provide support and consolidation for the ideas presented in the visual presentation (Part A).
|Assessment Due Date||Part A: Workshop 4
Part B: Thursday 25th October 23:55hrs
|Return Date to Students||Release of results|
|Length||2,500 and Creative Work|
|Assessment Criteria||Your assignment will be evaluated using an assessment rubric|
A summary of the APA system can be accessed in the online guide on the Library
website at: http://uow.libguides.com/refcite/apa6
|Submission||Your assignment will be submitted into a Turnitin submission box within the SNPG925 Moodle site. You will have the opportunity to review and re-submit your assignment up to the due date and time.
5 | P a g e
Assessment Rubric: Assessment Task 3
|Knowledge and application of Kouzes and Posner (2017) leadership to personal example
|• Demonstrates insight and awareness of the deeper subtler aspects of the application of K&P Practices and Commitments to personal leadership example.
• Articulate academic writing skills, highly coherent and logical flow of ideas. Exemplary spelling, grammar, and syntax.
|• Evidence of an awareness and understanding of deeper and more subtle aspects of the K&P Practices and Commitments to the leadership example is shown. There is evidence of originality and independent thought.
• Fluent communication of information. Superior academic writing skills. Minimal errors in spelling, grammar and punctuation.
|• A high level of understanding and application of K&P Practices and Commitments is communicated to the reader.
• Academic writing is fluent and relevant, clear and/or cohesive.
|• Simple leadership example provided with K&P Practices and Commitments referred to but not used to guide analysis.
• Evidence of academic writing noted but has minor errors in spelling, grammar and style. Not always relevant, clear and/or concise.
|• Example from practice missing or inappropriate and/or K&P Practices and Commitments not referred to or poorly applied.
• Elementary style of writing. Basic use of language.
|• Development of own leadership abilities is critically discussed.
• Clear and concise exploration of the K&P Practices and Commitments is identified.
|• Clearly expresses strategies for development of personal leadership abilities.
• Relationship with K&P Practices and Commitments are evidently linked with the majority being clearly articulated.
|• Strategies for development of leadership abilities noted clearly.
• Relationship with K&P Practices and Commitments addressed with satisfactory justification.
|• Development of leadership abilities is simplistically conveyed.
• There is partial relationship between personal development and K&P Practices and Commitments but not all are considered.
|• Development of leadership abilities not evident and/or not discussed with relation to K&P Practices and Commitments.|
theory – creative work 25%
|• An outstanding visual presentation demonstrating creativity and imagination.
• Deep and insightful understanding as to how future leadership will be developed is evident.
|• There is evidence of a superior level of imagination and creativity presented in the visual presentation.
• Application to personal development clearly evident.
|• There is evidence of a high level of creativity and imagination presented.
• Clear links to future leadership development are made.
|• There is satisfactory imagination and effort evident in the creative presentation.
• Links to future development present.
|• Creative representation is not presented imaginatively and/or there is no effort in using creativity to demonstrate leadership development.
• Links to leadership development poor or absent.
|• Analysis and synthesis of K&P Principles and personal example are integrated with
literature and strongly linked to personal leadership development and abilities.
• Eloquent academic writing skills with main subject matter developed within each paragraph.
|• There is a well-developed analysis of K&P Principles and personal example. Evidence of a deep awareness of the subtle aspects of
leadership development and abilities are well drawn.
• Evidence of superior academic writing skills with discussion in each paragraph providing sufficient depth to ensure reflection is meaningfully.
|• K&P principles and personal example are analysed and there is evidence of evaluation
and syntheses of ideas in terms of related literature for leadership development.
• Evidence of fluent academic writing skills with discussion in majority of paragraphs providing broad depth to reflection.
|• There is attempt at analysis but integration of both K&P principles and personal
example is limited in terms of leadership development.
• Evidence of appropriate academic writing skills with some depth to personal reflection.
|• Poor or absent analysis and syntheses of the K&P principles and /or personal example.|
6 | P a g e
|• Extensive use of the subject
key text and relevant literature.
Multiple citations used to
support single ideas.
• References are accurate and comply with UOW referencing guideline for APA.
|• The subject key text and broad range of high-quality papers are used frequently to support ideas.
• APA referencing style is consistently accurate. Minor, infrequent referencing errors noted.
|• Body of assessment uses at least 5 reverent primary research literatures including the subject key text.
• APA referencing style is accurate. Minor, but frequent referencing errors noted.
|• Primarily reliance on subject key text with minimal other supported literature used.
• APA evident but multiple errors noted.
|• Shows little/no evidence of subject key text and supportive literature. Relies primarily on non-reviewed and/or internet sources.
• APA not evident and/or major and multiple referencing er