Get a 10 % discount on an order above $ 100!
Progressive Journal Part 1&2 Discussion
Progressive Journal Part 1&2 Discussion
There are 2 PARTS to this assignment. Part 1 has to be incorporated into PART 2 it has to be 500-800 words. See attachments. Also there is a discussion board down below!!
ORDER ORIGINAL, PLAGIARISM-FREE ESSAY PAPERS HERE
There have been several postings of pregnant Hollywood stars (Britney Spears, Denise Richards, Victoria Beckham) who have scheduled C-sections for convenience and to avoid the pain of childbirth. Discuss this option in terms of women’s rights, and health care coverage (typically C-sections are only covered if they are medically necessary).
This discussion is meant to reflect your personal opinions, not textbook language or theories. These questions are meant to stimulate your thinking. Since the Discussion Board is viewable by others, please do not share thoughts that you would not want others to know.
For this discussion, post one Thread in which you answer the following questions. You are expected to write full paragraphs and give specific examples as part of your answers. A short 2-3 sentence answer is NOT sufficient to earn full credit. Then Reply to at least 3-4 other students’ Threads. Write 3-4 sentences or more in each Reply explaining your thoughts.
PSY-241 (Fall 2018)
Progressive Journal 1
Part 1: Preliminary Portion
Before completing the written portion of the journal assignment, you must complete the preliminary portion. During the preliminary portion, you will identify specific characteristics of your “person”. This will be completed in class by rolling dice. Students who are absent will be responsible for determining the characteristics of their “people” outside of the classroom.
Roll one die one time for each set of characteristics listed below. Your “person” will have the characteristics for the corresponding numbers listed.
a. If you roll 1, 3, or 5 your person is MALE
b. If you roll 2, 4, or 6 your person is FEMALE
2. Racial/Ethnic Group
a. If you roll 1 or 3 your person is CAUCASIAN
b. If you roll 2 or 5 your person is AFRICAN-AMERICAN
c. If you roll 4 your person is ASIAN
d. If you roll 6 your person is HISPANIC
3. Parents’ Age Range (the age range applies to both parents)
a. If you roll 3 or 5 the parents of your person are 17 or younger
b. If you roll 1 or 4 the parents of your person are 18-40
c. If you roll 2 or 6 the parents of your person are over 40
4. Marital Status (If “married”, parents live together; if “single”, parents live in separate households)
a. If you roll 1, 3, or 5 the parents of your person are MARRIED
b. If you roll 2, 4 or 6, the parents of your person are SINGLE
5. Number of Siblings
a. If you roll 1 your person has NO SIBLINGS
b. If you roll 2 or 6 your person has 1 SIBLING THAT IS NOT A TWIN
c. If you roll 3 your person has 1 SIBLING THAT IS A TWIN
d. If you roll 4 your person has 2 OR MORE SIBLINGS
e. If you roll 5 your person has 2 OR MORE SIBLINGS, ONE IS A TWIN
6. Parents’ Education Level (**NOTE: If the parents are 17 or younger, you can ONLY roll “not completed high school” or “completed high school, no college.” If you get a number that does not correspond with those choices, roll again. Education level applies to both parents.)
a. If you roll 1 the parents of your person have NOT COMPLETED HIGH SCHOOL
b. If you roll 2 the parents of your person COMPLETED HIGH SCHOOL, NO COLLEGE
c. If you roll 3 or 4 the parents of your person COMPLETED SOME COLLEGE, NO DEGREE
d. If you roll 5 the parents of your person COMPLETED COLLEGE
e. If you roll 5 the parents of your person COMPLETED GRADUATE DEGREES
7. Financial Status (**NOTE: If the parents have either not completed high school or only completed high school with no college, they can only roll a 1, 2, or 3. If you get a number that does not correspond with those choices, roll again. Financial status applies to parents’ combined income, whether parents are married or single.)
a. If you roll 1 the parents of your person are SIGNIFICANTLY BELOW THE POVERTY LEVEL
b. If you roll 2 the parents of your person are JUST BELOW THE POVERTY LEVEL
c. If you roll 3 the parents of your person are SLIGHTLY ABOVE THE POVERTY LEVEL
d. If you roll 4 or 5 the parents of your person are ABOVE THE POVERTY LEVEL
e. If you roll 6 the parents of your person are WELL ABOVE THE POVERTY LEVEL
8. Do the parents smoke? (**NOTE: If parents smoke, both parents smoked during pregnancy and around the infant.)
a. If you roll 1, 3, 4 or 5 the parents of your person DO NOT SMOKE
b. If you roll 2 or 6 the parents of your person DO SMOKE
Progressive Journal 1
Part 2: Written Portion:
Prior to completing the written portion of Journal 1, please give your “person” a name. You will refer to him/her by name in all of your journals.
Please include the following in your typed journal:
1. List of Characteristics: Type a list of the characteristics you determined during the dice roll for Journal 1. DO NOT present the characteristics in sentence or paragraph form. Simply list them. With each journal assignment, you will be asked to list ALL characteristics that have been previously determined, so be sure to save the list so that you can cut and paste it into the next assignment. Begin your list with the name you have given your “person”. Progressive Journal Part 1&2 Discussion
2. Respond to the following questions:
a. What birth weight did you assign to your “person”? What risk and protective factors did you consider most important in determining the birth weight of the individual? Your response should include reference to factors such as teratogens, ethnicity, parental age, education level and SES, and other relevant factors. You should describe how each was used — was each factor a RISK factor (e.g., lowered birth weight) or a PROTECTIVE factor (e.g., average birth weight or higher than average). You must discuss at least three factors (risk and/or protective) that you used to determine birth weight.
b. Based on the characteristics that were determined in the dice roll, is your “person” is at risk for birth complications and/or significant health problems during the first few months of life? What specific risk or health concerns do you have and why? (or why not?) Once again you should reference such factors as teratogens, preterm or low-birthweight status, SIDS risk, malnutrition risk, and other relevant factors.
Type your paper as indicated in the general instructions. You should not retype the questions in the body of your paper. Answer each question using complete sentences and paragraphs. Your answers should not reflect your opinions or personal experiences. Your score will be based on how well you support the answer you provide. Be sure to explain how you used each of the characteristics you discuss (e.g., are they RISK or PROTECTIVE factors?) and provide support for your statements/decisions based on information from the textbook, including page numbers. Progressive Journal Part 1&2 Discussion