NR 451 Nursing Essay Discussions
NR 451 Nursing Essay Discussions
NR 451 Complete Week Project Essay Discussions Package
NR 451 Week 1 Discussion
Establishing Evidence-Based Practice in a Nursing Setting (graded)
In your course on evidence-based practice (NR439), you learned that research generates the evidence upon which you base your practice. Think about how research and EBP can influence your practice.
- How does a nurse contribute to nursing research in your current or previous nursing setting?
- How do you utilize research through EBP in this setting?
- What is a problem you see in your current or previous clinical practice that could be addressed by an EBP project?
- What are some solutions you would propose for the problem?
NR 451 Week 2 Discussion
The Clinical Question (graded)
Formulating the PICO question and appraisal of journal article evidence (graded)
Your capstone change project began last week when you identified your problem. This week you will continue to develop your project:
- Formulate a significant clinical question that be the basis for your capstone change project.
- Identify each PICO element in the question.
- Relate how you developed the question?
- Describe the importance of this question to your clinical practice.
NR 451 Week 3 Discussion
Feasibility of Your Project and Importance of Communication (graded)
Now that you have identified your capstone change project, it is time to look its feasibility.
- What tangible and intangible resources will be needed to implement your project?
- What improved outcomes do you anticipate will occur that could indicate the project produced a successful return on investment (ROI) of these resources?
- How will you communicate your plan for change with key decision-makers so that they will support the allocation of the resources you are seeking?
NR 451 Week 4 Discussion
Continuous Quality Improvement for Improved Patient Outcomes (graded)
Your lesson this week discussed various patterns of nursing care delivery. In your opinion, what is the most effective nursing care delivery model and why? What are the advantages and disadvantages of your chosen nursing care delivery model? Give specific clinical examples.
NR 451 Week 5 Discussion
Core Competencies for Nurses (graded)
Explore the website for the Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) initiative at http://www.qsen.org. How can the QSEN competencies for nurses be implemented into your workplace or professional nursing setting? If you are not currently employed as a nurse, consider a previous care setting that would have benefited from implementation of the QSEN competencies.
NR 451 Week 6 Discussion
Implementing Change Despite Resistance (graded)
Change can be difficult to implement. Now that you are almost finished with your change project, if you were to implement your project in your clinical practice, what type of resistance do you expect from staff? List at least three ways that you can lessen the resistance you may encounter to help ensure the success of your project.
NR 451 Week 7 Discussion
Healthcare Economics (graded)
Health care costs are on the rise. What is an example of wasted health care dollars in your clinical practice and how do you propose improving the utilization of these dollars?
NR 451 Nursing Essay Discussions Week 8 Discussion
What Does the Future Hold? (graded)
What does the following statement mean to you?
In order to meet the challenges of taking care of older and sicker patients, incorporate patient safety and quality of care into practice, and understand economics and its effect on the workforce, nurses must take a leading role in the future of healthcare. NR 451 Nursing Essay Discussions