NR 504 Week 6 Meso Level Leadership: Care Clinic Improvement Project Paper
Meso Level Leadership: Care Clinic Improvement Project Paper
Care Clinic Improvement Project:
Care Clinic Scenario: The Executive Team of Care Clinic prides itself in the care that is provided to the community of Summerville, Florida. The Clinic is known for holistic approach to the individuals served at the clinic as well as presenting various community outreach programs. Annually, the Executive Team of Care Clinic reviews the client satisfaction benchmark results related to client service and quality indicators. The scores have substantially decreased in the past 12 months in the categories of client satisfaction and quality care.
To assist in understanding the quality issues related to client care occurring within the Care Clinic, you are provided with two videos of client situations that have been recorded using Second Life. You are also required to enter Second Life to observe actions and conversations occurring within the Care Clinic. When viewing the videos and participating within the Care Clinic located in Second Life, consider yourself to be the manager and identify quality care issues consistent with decreasing client satisfaction scores. From your leadership perspective, determine how the declining benchmarks can be addressed and improved. Discuss the actions/changes that need to be implemented in order to improve the satisfaction scores and attained Care Clinic quality outcomes.
The Care Clinic Improvement Project will need to be completed by the end of week six of this course and requires that each of the following areas to be addressed.
- Identify ONE satisfaction benchmark that you will be addressing and why this benchmark has been selected. Select the ONE client satisfaction benchmark from the following list:
- Decrease in client satisfaction scores related to courtesy and friendliness of staff at the Care Clinic.
- Decrease in client satisfaction scores related to staff explaining discharge instructions in a manner that is understandable to the client/client.
- Decrease in the quality nursing care related to interventions provided to clients at the Clinic.
- Describe the leadership dynamics related to how the improvement/change project will be managed.
- Identify the change model that will be used in addressing the selected benchmark.
- Describe the course of action/change.
Course Outcomes – Meso Level Leadership: Care Clinic Improvement Project Paper
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
CO #2: Analyze goal directed leadership actions that foster positive healthcare outcomes and effective processes at individual, community, and global healthcare settings. (MPH PO 7, MSN PO 2)
CO #3: Develop personal and strategic communication modalities that foster negotiation, advocacy and positive work environments within diverse healthcare settings. (MPH PO 9, MSN PO 3)
CO #5: Incorporate ongoing leadership character development, values and ethical principles into a living leader role that collaborates with and engages individuals, teams, agencies, and organizations locally as well as globally. (MPH PO 8, MSN PO 5)
Due Date: Sunday 11:59 PM MT at the end of Week 6
Total Points Possible: 200
Description of the Assignment
The focus of the assignment is to address decreasing benchmark scores regarding customer service or quality care with the use of leadership strategies and a change model.
The following objectives will need to be addressed:
- Provide an introductory paragraph and identify the benchmark that will be addressed for this assignment; the importance of this benchmark for the clinic’s stability; and why this benchmark has been selected. Select one benchmark from the following list:
- Decrease in customer service score related to courtesy and friendliness of staff at Care Agency,
- Decrease in customer service score related to staff explain my discharge instructions in a way that I understand,
- Decrease in quality care score linked to the interventions provided at the Clinic.
- Identify why the low scores have been attained
- This can be a short paragraph following the introductory paragraph as to your leadership perspective as to why the low score occurred. Use your imagination and a systems approach as to why the low scores have been attained versus a blaming culture. There will be no right or wrong answer—however, it is crucial to identify why the problem has occurred to be able to move forward in addressing the problem area.
- Describe the leadership dynamics related to how the project will be managed, specifically incorporating the following strategies:
- The six values of the system leadership perspective; each value must be described.
- Strategic leadership foresight, visioning, partnering, and motivating
- Relationship based care
- Identify the change model that will be used in addressing the problem area.
- Describe the elements of the change model.
- Describe how the change model is applicable for the customer service or quality indicator you have selected to improve for the Clinic’s stability.
- Describe your role as the leader in supporting the change process.
- What leadership skills will you utilize to lead the change effort?
- Describe the course of action/change.
- Who needs to be involved in creating change: List the key stakeholders that need to be involved in this change project?
- Design the steps of the new process that will address the gaps and improve the problem area.
- Highlight the main points of this project—the focus, leadership strategies used to create change, the change model used, and the final action plan.
Criteria for Format and Special Instructions for Meso Level Leadership: Care Clinic Improvement Project Paper
- This assignment must be submitted to TurnItIn™, as required by the TurnItIn™ policy.
A Similarity Index of “blue” or “green” must be obtained. A score in the blue or green range indicates a similarity of less than 24% which is the benchmark for CCN graduate nursing students. Any other level of similarity index level requires the student to revise the assignment before the due date and time.
To allow sufficient time for revision, early submission of the assignment to TurnItIn™ is highly encouraged. The final submission will be graded by faculty. If a Turnitin™ report indicates that plagiarism has occurred, the Academic Integrity policy will be followed.
- The paper (excluding the title page and references page) should be 8-10 pages. Points will be lost for not meeting these length requirement.
- Font and sizes acceptable: 12 point Times New Roman or 11 point Arial.
- Use of the following subheadings to organize the content of your paper:
Course of Action
- The textbooks required and lesson content for this course may not be used as a reference for this assignment.
- The use of a dictionary is not allowed for this assignment.
- A minimum of 6 (six) scholarly references must be used. Scholarly references need to be current, 5-8 years or less (anonymous authors or web pages are not acceptable).
- Title page, body of paper, and reference page must follow APA guidelines as found in the 6th edition of the manual. This includes the use of headings for each section or topic of the paper.
- Ideas and information that come from readings must be cited and referenced correctly.
- Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are followed and consistent with formal written work as found in the 6th edition of the APA manual.
- Past tense verbs are used when presenting information from published resources. Meso Level Leadership: Care Clinic Improvement Project Paper