Get a 10 % discount on an order above $ 100!
Different Kinds of Rights Assignment
So let’s clarify four different kinds of rights and how they can be combined.
1. Established rights: rights that are recognized by law or legally-recognized institutional policies. These would include, among other things, the rights itemized in the Bill of Rights in the Constitution, the right to privacy recognized in a series of Supreme Court rulings, patient rights that have been enacted into law in some states, or rights stated in legal contracts such as employment contracts, insurance policies, or purchase agreements. Different Kinds of Rights Assignment
2. Claimed Rights: rights that are claimed and argued, but not formally recognized. Sometimes people will argue about these rights in religious terms, stating that God has already established them. To keep our definitions clear and consistent, however, rights accepted in a particular religion, but not legally recognized , will be considered claimed rights. Some claimed rights would include patients rights in states without any patients rights legislation, a right to assistance in committing suicide, a right to life for an embryo, or a right to confidentiality in certain specified medical situations such as testing positive for syphilis. Different Kinds of Rights Assignment
Assignment: Different Kinds of Rights
Assignment: Different Kinds of Rights
Assistance vs. Non-interference
1. Negative rights: the right to be left alone. This is the right emphasized in the first definition of autonomy. It is the type of right recognized repeatedly in the Bill of Rights. Confidentiality is an example of a negative right; it is the right to be left alone to divulge your medical information when and to whom you see fit. The right to refuse medical treatment is another example of an established negative right.
2. Positive rights: these rights involve assistance of some sort and impose an obligation on another person or category of people. These rights are part of both the second and third definitions of autonomy. Medicare and Medicaid are social programs that guarantee certain types of medical assistance to people who are elderly (regardless of income) or who fall below a certain income. Any institution receiving any federal funds has an obligation to provide the specified types of medical assistance to individuals who qualify for either of these programs. The right to informed consent is also a positive right in that it imposes an obligation upon the health provider to fully inform a patient of all information relevant to decision-making. Different Kinds of Rights Assignment
The types of rights that are argued in medical ethics cases
1. established negative rights
2. established positive rights
3. claimed negative rights
4. claimed positive rights
Place your Order Now!
You must proofread your paper. But do not strictly rely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part and you can expect your grade to suffer accordingly. Papers with numerous misspelled words and grammatical mistakes will be penalized. Read over your paper – in silence and then aloud – before handing it in and make corrections as necessary. Often it is advantageous to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Handwritten corrections are preferable to uncorrected mistakes. Different Kinds of Rights Assignment
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument.Different Kinds of Rights Assignment
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE CLASS
Discussion Questions (DQ)
Initial responses to the DQ should address all components of the questions asked, include a minimum of one scholarly source, and be at least 250 words.
Successful responses are substantive (i.e., add something new to the discussion, engage others in the discussion, well-developed idea) and include at least one scholarly source.
One or two sentence responses, simple statements of agreement or “good post,” and responses that are off-topic will not count as substantive. Substantive responses should be at least 150 words.
I encourage you to incorporate the readings from the week (as applicable) into your responses.
Your initial responses to the mandatory DQ do not count toward participation and are graded separately.
In addition to the DQ responses, you must post at least one reply to peers (or me) on three separate days, for a total of three replies.
Participation posts do not require a scholarly source/citation (unless you cite someone else’s work).
Part of your weekly participation includes viewing the weekly announcement and attesting to watching it in the comments. These announcements are made to ensure you understand everything that is due during the week.Different Kinds of Rights Assignment
APA Format and Writing Quality
Familiarize yourself with APA format and practice using it correctly. It is used for most writing assignments for your degree. Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for APA paper templates, citation examples, tips, etc. Points will be deducted for poor use of APA format or absence of APA format (if required).
Cite all sources of information! When in doubt, cite the source. Paraphrasing also requires a citation.
I highly recommend using the APA Publication Manual, 6th edition.
Use of Direct Quotes
I discourage overutilization of direct quotes in DQs and assignments at the Masters’ level and deduct points accordingly.
As Masters’ level students, it is important that you be able to critically analyze and interpret information from journal articles and other resources. Simply restating someone else’s words does not demonstrate an understanding of the content or critical analysis of the content.
It is best to paraphrase content and cite your source.
For assignments that need to be submitted to LopesWrite, please be sure you have received your report and Similarity Index (SI) percentage BEFORE you do a “final submit” to me.
Once you have received your report, please review it. This report will show you grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors that can easily be fixed. Take the extra few minutes to review instead of getting counted off for these mistakes. Different Kinds of Rights Assignment
Review your similarities. Did you forget to cite something? Did you not paraphrase well enough? Is your paper made up of someone else’s thoughts more than your own?
Visit the Writing Center in the Student Success Center, under the Resources tab in LoudCloud for tips on improving your paper and SI score.
The university’s policy on late assignments is 10% penalty PER DAY LATE. This also applies to late DQ replies.
Please communicate with me if you anticipate having to submit an assignment late. I am happy to be flexible, with advance notice. We may be able to work out an extension based on extenuating circumstances.
If you do not communicate with me before submitting an assignment late, the GCU late policy will be in effect.
I do not accept assignments that are two or more weeks late unless we have worked out an extension.
As per policy, no assignments are accepted after the last day of class. Any assignment submitted after midnight on the last day of class will not be accepted for grading.Different Kinds of Rights Assignment
Communication is so very important. There are multiple ways to communicate with me:
Questions to Instructor Forum: This is a great place to ask course content or assignment questions. If you have a question, there is a good chance one of your peers does as well. This is a public forum for the class.
Individual Forum: This is a private forum to ask me questions or send me messages. This will be checked at least once every 24 hours. Different Kinds of Rights Assignment